Having complete property listings is incredibly important as it's the first point of call for potential buyers to see the property, whilst also showing your vendor that you have worked hard to showcase their property in the best possible light.
We've created a checklist to help you optimise your listings, and ensure they’re working efficiently to deliver the best results for you and your customers.
This article includes:
Having a detailed listing including as much information as possible is incredibly important, as it’s the first opportunity for a potential buyer or tenant to see the property. It also shows your vendor or landlord that you’re working hard to showcase their property in the best possible light.
Here are some key points to follow:
Complete all the details that serious property seekers look for:
- The Property type: If you haven’t selected a Property type, your listing won’t show in the Zoopla search results when a property seeker searches for specific property types. 7% of all properties don’t always show in the search results for this reason, so make sure your property is always seen. This small change could make a big difference
- Make sure you include the number of rooms: It’s important to list how many Bedrooms, Bathrooms and reception rooms (Receptions) there are so that property seekers know if the property will be suitable for them or not; we know from consumer research that this information is preferred at a glance rather than needing to read wordy descriptions
- Focus on the key details in the Full description: Our consumer research shows that property seekers focus on key features, key words and visual content over written descriptions. Include a full description but try to limit it to the important content that customers will need, you could even bullet point key pieces of information to help it stand out. Having a description helps you target serious applicants and get hotter leads as the enquiries you receive will be from applicants who have the full information about the property and still want to view it
- Add your key Features: We keep up-to-date with the top three keywords used by home hunters when looking for a property per area. Keep in the know about which keywords are important to include with our Zoopla Advantage platform, where you can get the lowdown on housing market performance in your area, using In Your Area
Help property seekers picture themselves in the property:
- Include high quality and accurate photos showing a variety of rooms: Our research shows that listings with professional photos on average sell 24 days faster and achieve 2% closer to asking price on average. Make sure your photographs are clear, clutter-free and a good representation of the property in its current condition
- Professional photos are still important for lettings: Having professional photos can help letting agents check in around 31% more properties on average, and it can help drive sole agency and fully managed properties as the professional marketing can attract high quality landlords and their business
- The right number of photos: Our research shows that 6-10 images is a good number for listings, but always take into account that property seekers will be happy to see fewer images on smaller properties, while they'll want far more for a larger home
- Include a floorplan: Our research shows that floorplans lead to a search click increase of 52%, and 20% of buyers would ignore properties without one. Make sure you include a floorplan that’s accurate and also matches your description - this will help you get leads from serious applicants rather than those just enquiring for a floorplan, and not a viewing
Support property seekers with the data they need to work out costs:
- Ensure you include an EPC: Not only is this a legal requirement, but having the data readily available to applicants can save time. For some applicants, a low or high EPC rating can be a deciding factor
- Freehold or leasehold?: Add whether the property is freehold or leasehold and any relevant charges to ensure that no important information is missed
- Lettings details: If your property is a lettings listing, ensure you have included key information such as when the property will be available, whether your landlord is likely to accept pets, or whether the property may be unsuitable
We’ve put all of the above into a property listing checklist, that you can save or print off, to make sure all your listings are the best they can be.
Please click the relevant link below to download a Sales and/or Lettings property checklist, hosted on Dropbox. This will then open as a .pdf document.
- Click Download in the top right corner
- Click Direct download
- The checklist will open as a .pdf, where you can choose to save it locally or print it off